E-mails or ‘Electronic mails’, the modern-day technique for communication between people is the fastest and the most appropriate way to communicate in this busy world. You just need an internet connection with a laptop or a PC.
Writing proper e-mails with no grammatical errors and proper sentence construction is a must because it shows your level of grasp over the language. Since there is no language-bound and you can use any language, you are expected to have a good grasp over it.
There is a proper way of writing an appropriate e-mail and everyone must follow that.
Generally, e-mail is a formal letter written to a receiver who might be your boss, your colleagues or your teachers, or maybe anybody else. Often, e-mails are written to friends and family.
Reasons for writing a professional e-mail: –
- Applying for a job
- Replying to a job offer
- Requesting for salary increase
- Requesting for a leave
- Replying to a formal invitation
- Sending a formal invitation.
Reasons why you should write proper formal letters: –
- It represents your grasp over the language
- It shows how professional you are
- The chance of you getting hired for a job mainly depends on it
- It shows your etiquettes to an extent
- It is your first impression to the receiver
- Getting impacted or getting promoted depends on it.
- It shows your communication skills, professionalism, and competency.
Effects of writing an improper e-mail: –
- Shows unprofessional attitude
- Poor writing skills may convey an attitude of incompetency and poor communication skills
- It may not look formidable
- Shows that you are weak in your language
- Might not interest your employer and he may not employ you
- Shows that you are not compatible with high-skilled tasks
- Might not include in high-end tasks.
We can see that writing improper and informal e-mails must be avoided at all costs and a proper and formal e-mail is very important and hence, everyone must keep this in mind.